Monday, December 20, 2010

ACP Student Exhibition - Part 2

So what photo was exhibited???

If you have had a chance to review the photos below, you may have your favourite, but this is the one the judges chose to display - complete with a proud photographer.



Whether you love it, hate it, or feel one of the others is better, I received a lot of complements on the night and I am pretty proud of my achievement. And now I can share it.

A few fellow students felt it deserved one of the three prizes on offer, but unfortunately wasn't to be. I overheard one person saying "This photo is very impressive. Much more artistic merit". What the?? That surprised me. Like all art, it is highly subjective, and for me, the fact that I got selected to display at all was reward enough. My other 2 submitted photos were displayed on a slideshow screen also in the gallery, so that was nice too.

I felt there were a significant number of great photos on display, and a lot of obvious talent among the students.

So what's next?? Can't say here in the public domain - yet. A lot of things have to happen first.

No comments: